The Beginning of the End

I met a guy who showed me how to love,
Caring and understanding, like an angel from above.
His eyes so innocent and pure,
Had me feeling like a lady, so demure.
He was able to understand me like no other,
When I thought of life without him I felt a shudder,
He would hold my hand when we would walk,
I could feel our souls connect as we would talk.
He was all I could think or talk about,
I loved him with my heart and soul without a doubt.
When he sang to me he sounded like a nightingale,
Not feminine or pansy, he sang like a male.
His one smile could make all my problems go away,
When he was around me my heart felt like clay.
My friends though happy for me, envied the love we had,
They'd complain to their partners by comparing us in turn making the other mad.
I would feel warm and secure in his hug,
I knew the feeling wouldn't last, someone would pull the plug.
My world came crashing down one fine day.
Just thinking of life without him I began to sway.
I don't regret anything in the past,
Every minute we spent together I had a blast.
Now I live with the pain and void in my heart,
Waiting for a new beginning, a new start.

3 comments: