Taking note of The Notebook!



It's no secret that I love the movie 'The Notebook'. Recently I was asked why do I love it so much...At the time I came up with really good answers and wish I had actually written it down...Because I rarely speak so well about something...I somehow did for this movie and although I can't remember what I had said earlier I have a whole new set of reasons for why I love the movie. It's only natural that I would write about the greatest romantic movie ever!!...At least according to me! :)

  • I love that a summer romance can be more than something casual...It can be something serious
  • I love that Noah and Alley's love allows the other to explore and find out about themselves rather than force the other to become what the other wants
  • Their relationship is a union of choice and not force
  • I love it because it showcases the innocence of love
  • I love that even the most simplest and day to day routines can be enjoyed and loved if done with the right person
  • I love that Noah can love Alley without going over the top, mushy and being all sissy about it
  • It shows that two people who are meant to be together will find a way to be together
  • It shows that despite faults you can still love someone unconditionally
  • Noah's love for Alley is amazing because it helps make him a better man in so many ways
  • I love that he loves her almost to the point of insanity
  • The movie shows that life does give you second chances. Better make the most of what you'll get
  • It also shows never to take the other for granted otherwise once the person's gone, a part of you is gone with them
  • That you've got to have faith no matter how difficult and unfair the situation you're in may be
  • I love that it shows you can always be romantic no matter what your age
  • I also love that it showed; when you truly love someone you can let them go and they really do come back to you
  • That it is possible to love more than one but the 'one', the so called soulmate, will be different from others
  • It's possible to live without the person but yet not possible to live without that person. I.E. they moved on with their lives yet couldn't let go
  • That you can let your guard down around the person you love and be yourself
  • That even though you know that person has hurt you and will continue hurting you (as all humans do) you will still love them.
Although I know that such kind of love is only for the movies...Yes, the pessimist in me will not be quietened down!...It's still lovely to see such a well made movie...Read the book recently and I still say the movie's better...Though the book's more practical...Explains a lot of questions I had while I watched the movie...Be that as it may, nothing can capture the chemistry of people in love like that in this movie.

P.S. It's been 3 years now and The Notebook still remains in the top 5 of my all time favorite movies list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment