Nip/Tuck



I HAVE SURVIVED NIP TUCK! I threw tantrums, cribbed, cried and heck even begged for my misery to end. I tried to walk away and leave it incomplete but I just can't...I physically can't. This 'need to finish what I start' has really led to a lot of self inflected torture. Now to the show...

This is a HORRIBLE show. I am being kind when I say horrible. It is the worst show I have ever seen. That's saying something! I can understand the first few episodes and even seasons showing the incestuous superficiality, shallowness, lack of commitment/values and even lacking basic human decency. But as the episodes went on my disgust and even hatred for these characters increased. I have rooted for all the characters to die. DIE! Such horrible, selfish people do not deserve to live.

Some little gems from the show: Half brother and sister have slept together, mother in laws have slept with the son in laws (one woman has slept with all the men on the show.) Characters are just always sleeping around and there's no restraint at all. Who cares if this person's dying, just had a life threatening surgery or even got stabbed. Let's screw! In fact, even lesbian characters sleep around with men and then say they're lesbians. I'm getting a headache just talking about the really messed up relationships.

As it is it's hard enough to digest how fickle minded, perfection obsessed and appearance oriented people are (all the cases in the episodes) and then we have this filth to take in as well in the name of 'relationships'. I repeat, people are killed, commit suicide, and stabbed but these people lacking humanity continue to live without regret or guilt! Even though they are the cause.

The thing that repulsed me the most was how the women were treated in this show. I'm sure there are such cases in real life but EVERY SINGLE WOMAN IN THIS SHOW was treated like shit. It's like the misogynistic writers decided that all women will be degraded and broken in every possible way. The stronger and successful a character became the worse her fall. Truly sickening.

Another nasty thing is how these surgeons believe without a doubt that they help people, they heal people, they have a moral code with a purpose in their lives. What a joke! They are the most self centred, power hungry, egotistical, and moral-less bastards ever! There's a need to own and control everything in everyone and an emptiness in all of these damaged beyond saving characters that nothing seems to fill. This vortex of destruction and doom they bring with them is so toxic. The pain they inflict is on everyone around them and on themselves too. I'm just surprised how karma didn't give them what they deserve. All the times they've cheated, hurt, killed and destroyed lives-how has the universe not given them what they had coming?? How did the show run for so many years? How is it after all the destruction they get to walk away?! I say it again, this is truly an AWFUL SHOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment