2016: A month in

I have said this earlier and I'm saying it again. This year finally feels different. In a way most of the things are the same but in a way a lot of things have changed. I'm hoping these changes are for good. I have accepted where I am in my life now and am finally looking forward to moving ahead. Those who know me know that I've been stuck in the same place for some 4-5 years. Hopefully, that's going to change from here on.

I let go of all the things that held me back. This includes dead end relationships. I still have strong feelings that I tend to numb with endless TV shows and numerous Audiobooks. But I've made my peace. I wish things had worked out differently but, well they had to end because maybe there's another path I'm meant to follow.

It's been almost 3 weeks now and I've kept my commitment to eating clean. I do have a few slips here and there but overall I'm happy with making it a point to eat better. 

I'm still suffering from severe insomnia. I don't get to workout as much as I want to because of this. My wrist has gotten better because of the new bike but the neck and back are still going through hell through hours of sitting around at work. I try to move around when I can but it's barely anything in the greater scheme of things.

I'm doing better at work. I know what I'm doing and there are people supporting me. The downside is that I'm going to lose my buddies at work because they're all moving away. I guess that's life right? Even if I don't get to be a part of this office I would still want to be associated with the company. I love the way this place is. I love it because of the people, the Directors. So rare to find such people especially at that level.

My relationship with my mom is still rocky but better than before. My relationship with my siblings has improved too. The only relationship I'm still really struggling with is with Allah. I'm doing my best to be a better Muslim but I think I may have strayed. No, I know I've strayed. I'm hoping to get there again. where I was during Ramzan. I think I was the best I could have been and it showed me that I CAN be the person I want to be. InshaAllah I'll get there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment