2016, baby!

I've had a pretty awesome entry into 2016. Almost everything I wanted I have been fortunate enough to be able to get. I have also struck a balance on my relationships everywhere. Grown up SO much in one year. I still choose to hold on to some bits of my immaturity but I've become more accepting, open and willing to change and the unexpected. I held on to things for too long and resisted change. I've learned to let go and move ahead.

I have a feeling this year would be SO much better than last year. It started out right. There was a time when I wanted more in my life, I wanted better. But now I realize it really doesn't matter. Why should it? I'll eventually forget it. I'm not saying I'll settle for mediocrity. But what I mean is how I approached things. It won't make my life better or any worse if I don't follow a certain trend/custom. It doesn't matter if things don't go the way you wanted them to go. Eventually it really will work out. Maybe not the way you expected it to but at least it couldn't have gotten any worse. Of course, this is subjective to circumstances but in my head, in my life and in my situation, I feel this is the best I could have gotten. I needed to learn a few things the hard way. I had to lose certain traits and understand certain things. I know I wouldn't have learned them any other way. So be it. I accept it all now with grace.

After going through hell and back, I am humbled and blessed to be able to even sit here and write this. This time last year I was literally holding on to my sanity with a thread. So much has happened and I've come such a long tiring way. Thank you Allah for the good and the bad. Here's to betterment. Here's to possibilities. Here's to a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment