Underdogs!

Okay...So I saw The Karate Kid today...The 2010 version...I admit...I'm a little biased towards Jaden Smith because I've always had a soft spot for Will Smith when I was growing up...Remember Fresh Prince of Bel Air?...

The movie itself didn't really hold any new feats because we've all seen the original Karate Kid and we know how the story goes...Gotta hand it to Jayden for looking cute and getting his Kung Fu moves right(at least it looked that way to me!)...It's amazing how these guys can learn such things so quickly...I mean...Doesn't it take people years to get to a fighting stage??...The cobra scene in the movie had me just roll my eyes and say "just ignore the damn thing!"....

Actually...It does make me wonder though, how many times will Hollywood churn out the 'underdog' story?...It's almost in every movie with some minor changes....Now I'm not saying the movies that have this theme aren't great...Of course they are!!...But you know what's going to happen!...And...Well...You kinda wish there was something new to offer instead of the cliches....

Miracle...Rudy....Billy Elliot...Rocky...Remember the Titans....Lord of the Rings....Braveheart...The Last Samurai...Little Giants...Revenge of the Nerds...The Shawshank Redemption...Milk....Happy Gilmore... Gladiator....Cinderella Man....The Karate Kid...

There are SO many more movies which I can't seem to remember now...

No comments:

Post a Comment