Khatta Meetha


I don't know WHAT possessed me to watch this movie...But I did...I actually forced myself to sit through the entire movie....True, it took me almost 5 hrs to watch it because I kept taking a break in between...But I have this horrible habit that if I start something I HAVE to finish it...

I wish I could say some part of the movie was nice...But the truth is it sucked pretty bad!...There were A LOT of unanswered questions in the movie for me....

1) Why did Priyadarshan torture us for almost 1 1/2 hrs to drive the same point that Akshay Kumar's a no good loser who is a fraud and brings disgrace to his family? He could have established this point in 15 mins rather than test our patience and tolerance levels!

2) Akshay's aim in life was to get a road roller and again, another 1 1/2 hrs of the movie was spent with him trying to get it to solve his financial problems...He finally does get it and Johnny Lever wrecks it...Now the mystery is what happened to the damn road roller?! Because we don't see it in the second half of the movie...You actually ask yourself was it worth Priyadarshan putting us through this torture in the first place?? If the frickin' thing was to be chucked aside THEN WHY WASTE SO MUCH REEL AND OUR TIME FOCUSING ON IT??!

3) What the hell was the whole point of showing the love angle for Trisha and Akshay because it just suddenly comes into focus in the last 15 mins of the movie?!?...Her collated screen time must have been some 20 minutes minus a few songs....

4) Akshay frames Trisha for taking a bribe as she's a Government Commisioner and she tries to commit suicide...Of course...There's no way she'd die!...So she's hospitalized...And Akshay comes to her saying he's a cheat and a fraud to everyone but deep down inside he's still the same 'sacha aur imandar desh bhagth' she had fallen in love with back in college!...Are we expected to believe this crap?? Akshay's shunned and treated like the black sheep of the family because he keeps cheating everyone in the entire village and we're supposed to forget all that and start thinking of him as the 'good guy' all of a sudden???

5) Does Priyadarshan actually expect us to believe that Trisha waited around for a chance encounter with Akshay for almost 10 years?? She claims that the reason she didn't get married was because she was hoping to bump into him one day!...What was to have happened if he was married?...Or had relocated from their hometown to another state?...Or maybe even dead??!

6) Why didn't anyone question why Akshay's sister was beaten black and blue before she died?? Even a blind man could have seen that!

7) What was the whole deal with Akshay's sister being gang raped?? There was literally no point to that...And the worst thing is that everyone's able to move on so easily as if nothing happened!

8) Priyadarshan didn't even bother to waste time or money to make Akshay look younger back in the college days....But hey...If Aamir can do it then I suppose so can Akshay...My only question is...Is there no one on the sets to notice or realize that the exact same current trends and fashion are shown being followed some 10 years ago? I know it's not the first movie to make this mistake but seriously folks!...These little things count!

9) Haven't we seen Akshay in the same kinda roles for the past 15 years?...It was a refreshing change and gave his career a face lift back in the Hera Pheri days...But I honestly feel he's much better of an Actor than this....He was either saying his dialogues in a monotone or screaming and yelling like a banshee! Him making constipated expressions all the time didn't help either...

10) My final question...Why the bloody hell was the movie named Khatta Meetha?? Maybe I missed this part in the movie because I had a glazed look over my eyes while doing a Homer Simpson kinda daydreaming but I tried to understand it later and I just couldn't!

So...My recommendation is to NOT watch this movie at all...No matter what...Do yourselves a favour and watch paint dry instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment