Sex and the City 2

My sister and I subjected ourselves to some major torture on Sunday night...We saw Sex and the City 2....(Is it just me or are there hardly any good movies being made nowadays??)...I couldn't BELIEVE how ignorant and insensitive the makers and actors of the movie were to even dish out crap like this in the first place?? They didn't even attempt to understand the Muslim culture and kept scoffing and looking down at it instead...I mean...I thought cliches were behind us and we were beyond the days of looking at India as the land of snake charmers and the Gulf countries as backwards, camel riding, religious fanatics!

I'm still trying to understand what the point of this movie was...Was it just to display the hideous fashion?...I mean the stuff in there was literally garish and repulsive!..I'm not a fashionista but clearly something is wrong if you go 'camel riding' in flowing gowns with a trail and a turban on your head!.....or was the point of the movie to show the whole female empowerment thing??...Cause there wasn't any of that!!....Well...Maybe one scene of Miranda standing up to her boss...But other than that...Nothing!

It's disturbing to see 'successful, confident and fashionable' women pretend they're 20 something year olds!...No one was acting their age!!!...Of course...It's understood when you meet up with your best girl friends there is an excited maybe even childish side of you that comes out...But trust me...That didn't happen in this movie!!...

There were so many images and scenes that either scarred my eyes or made my blood boil...Liza Minelli's singing and scantily clad dancing routine....the hideous outfits and the importance given to them...Carrie looking like an ungracefully aging transvestite!...the complete mockery of marriage and relationships (“make your own rules in your own relationship”)....A horny alleged 50 something year old Samantha's love making scenes....the unnecessary extravagance (I get that it's all about the bling but I'm pretty damn sure NO place looks like that unless it's from the sets of Lawrence of Arabia!)....the fact that non existent issues were shown and focused on and not even resolved...seems all you need to do is just turn your back on your problems and walk away for sometime so they magically disappear!...the complete lack of ignorance for these oh-so-glamorous women (getting a full time nanny...flying coach!...The horror!! The pain!!!)...Samantha's crude scenes about sex...The jabs and open opposition towards a culture not understood by any of the halfwits in the movie and of course...the lack of respect for your surroundings!....

In short...The movie was a nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment