A Foreseen Future

What will become of me I often ask?

I will grow old with eyes which I can’t use anymore

They’ve been exposed to so much radiation from computers and TV

Despite Lasik they’ll never be as they were before


I will have lungs which will be of no use to me

All the air I breathe now is polluted and filled with passive smoke.

I already have the lungs of an 80 year old woman.

All this will affect my respiratory system and give me an early stroke


Speaking of my heart,

the arteries will be blocked with cholesterol and fat

No thanks to all the junk I consume

I will probably not survive the first heart attack


Constant conversations on my cell will take its toll

My brain will be fried,

I will lose all my memories n myself.

But won’t admit it n ask for help coz of too much pride.


I won’t be able to walk straight anymore

Bad posture and night shifts will come back to haunt me

My spine will go for a toss

I will be dependent on a stick, no more free


My diet will consist of liquids

I’ll possess a stomach destroyed

years of chemical consumption will puncture it

Nothing can be done then, I’ll be sad, helpless & annoyed


I will have hands which won't grasp anything.

Arthritis and brittle bones will work their magic

Always using my hands to type or write,

Without their use, life will become quite tragic


I will age ungracefully

My looks will get affected

All the usage of unnatural products

I chose to ignore advice despite knowing what I suspected


I will look back and wonder could I have done things differently?

Would life find me forgiving?

Is it stupidity to know yet do nothing about it?

Was this life worth living?

No comments:

Post a Comment