Sunshine



I was on my way to work and the the song ‘Give me some Sunshine’ from 3 Idiots came on the radio. Before changing the channels (songs been done to death!) the song made me rethink about my childhood. If I had a chance would I have done it all over again?


The waking up at the crack of dawn, the fear of not passing the current grade, the tension of exams, the peer pressure, the bulllying (I was bullied then I became a bully after a while), the hopes, the dreams, the ambition, the passion, the restrictions, the freedom, the stupidity, the naivety, the laughter, the joys, the pain, the disappointments, the new experiences and most of all the situations that made me who I am today.


Would I do it all over again?...I don’t know…Perhaps some parts of it I would want to…Funny how we always remember the negatives more than the positives. But I would never change the times I had spent with my family. Those were the best times in my life. The bond I shared with my siblings. I can only hope that my kids share a similar bond with their own siblings when the time comes.


I’m content with who I am now, and even if some experiences have left a mark or a scab behind, I am who I am today because of those experiences. Again, I don’t know if it’s for the better or for the worst. But as of now, I’m happy being me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment