To Serve and Protect!

So it seems my shuttle point has become quite the happening spot. Yesterday there was a crowd that gathered at the crossroads. I was as usual lost in my own world listening to music and waiting for my bus to come to take me to work. I realized that there was a cop car smack in the middle of the road and three cops were stopping the public randomly and then telling them to leave after sometime. To me it looked like they were getting their kicks out of playing with the public. More like mind games and picking on people. Ok! You go! No! You stop!

Anyway, a group of construction workers gathered and the cops immediately ran into their car and started yelling at the construction workers. All of a sudden the construction workers dispersed and there was a man with a stick who was hitting the ground. I was thinking he’s gone mad! What the hell is he hitting at?? I couldn’t see a damn thing!.... And then I saw it!...It was a HUGE snake! It goes without saying the guy with the stick beat the poor snake to death.

What amused me in this disgusting act was how the cops who were supposed to ‘protect and serve the public’ ran like there was no tomorrow to their car and yelled at people to kill it. There was one cop in particular, the stereotyped fat and lazy types who was yelling so badly to kill the snake it was almost a shriek.


It makes you wonder... WHY were the useless cops called to begin with is something I don’t understand. It was a snake damn it! Not a time bomb! The genius who called them should have gotten a bap on the head as well with that stick! The stupid cops did absolutely nothing to save the public and just strengthened my belief that they are good for nothing. What’s worse is that after ‘killing’ (it still looked very alive to me) the snake they just left it there! No one bothered to move it to the side or warn other people of the potential danger... I guess that’s the Indian public for you. Every man for himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment